Research interests: Organizational economics, strategy, law & economics
Address: C/ Leonardo Prieto Castro 2, office E.6.7, 28040 Madrid (Spain)
Phone: (+34) 914 480 892
Fax: (+34) 915 933 111
Articles in Journals
- On the Determinants and Consequences of Informal Contracting (with R. Gil). 2018. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy (forthcoming).
- Formal and Informal Contracting: Theory and Evidence (with R. Gil). 2017. Annual Review of Law and Social Science 13: 141-159.
- Endogenous Enforcement Institutions (with G. Aldashev). 2017. Journal of Development Economics 128: 49-64.
- The Double-Edged Effect of Knowledge Acquisition: How Contracts Safeguard Pre-existing Resources (with D. Lo and T. Madsen). 2016. Strategic Management Journal 37: 2104-20.
- New Frontiers in the Empirical Research on Informal Contracting (with R. Gil). 2016. Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics 172: 390-407.
- Contract Adaptation under Legal Constraints. 2013. Journal of Law, Economics and Organization 29: 799-834.
- Coase (1937) Revisited: Endogenous Fiat in Firms and Markets. 2012. International Review of Economics 59: 201-221, special issue in honor of Ronald Coase, edited by Henry Smith.
- Contratos Alrededor de la Ley en la Distribución de Automóviles. 2010. Economía Industrial 376: 111-118.
- Vertical Restraints and the Law: Evidence from Automobile Franchising. 2009. Journal of Law and Economics 52: 691-700.
- Institutional Constraints on Organizations: The Case of Spanish Car Dealerships (with B. Arruñada and L. Vázquez). 2009. Managerial and Decision Economics 30: 15-26.
Articles in Books
- “Contracting in Innovative Industries,” with Ricard Gil, 2018, in Ménard, Claude, and Mary Shirley (editors), A Research Agenda for New Institutional Economics, Edward Elgar Publishers, forthcoming in 2018.
- Restricting Franchising: An Empirical Analysis of the Allocation of Control Rights in Car Dealership Contracts. 2005. In Cafaggi, F. (editor): Corporate Governance, Networks and Innovation, CEDAM, Padova 2005.
- Managing Social Comparison Costs in Organizations (with O. Contreras). March 2017. R&R at Management Science.
- Property Rights in Sequential Exchange (with B. Arruñada and N. Garoupa). November 2017. R&R at Journal of Law, Economics & Organization.
- Contracting to Disincentivize (with D. Lo and M. Ghosh). November 2015. R&R at Journal of Marketing Research.
- The Value of Relational Contracts in Outsourcing: Evidence from the 2008 Shock to the U.S. Airline Industry (with R. Gil and MJ. Kim). January 2018. Submitted.
- The Role of Relational Contracts in Inter-Firm Relationships: Theory and Evidence on Multiunit Franchising (with N. Argyres and J. Bercovitz). August 2017. Submitted. Coming soon.
- Public and Private Firms in the Shadow of Coercive Power (with G. Aldashev). May 2017. Coming soon.
- Southern Home-Cooking and the Quality of State Courts (with B. Arruñada and D. Williamson). August 2010.
- The Role of Decision Rights in Incomplete Contracts: Lessons from Automobile Franchising. April 2009.
- Vertical Restraints in Relational Contracts. October 2007.
CUNEF's Organizational Economics Seminars
- October 24: Xosé H. Vázquez (Vigo University), "Watch the Working Capital of Tier-Two Suppliers: A Transaction Cost Approach to Supply Collaborations in the Automotive Industry" .
- January 19 (job market seminar): Michael Kummer (Mannheim University), "Spillovers in Networks of User Generated Content" .
- January 23 (job market seminar): Erina Ytsma (London School of Economics), "Lone Stars or Constellations? The Impact of Performance Pay on Matching Assortativeness in Academia" .
- January 26 (job market seminar): Matthias Wibral (University of Bonn), "How Malleable are Choice Brackets? The Case of Myopic Loss Aversion" .
- January 28 (job market seminar): Jörg Stahl (Pompeu Fabra University), "Capital Gain: The Return to Locating in the Capital City" .
- January 29 (job market seminar): Daniel Herbold (Goethe University), "The Agency Costs of On-the-Job Search".
- February 2: Daniel Beunza (London School of Economics), "Blended Automation: Integrating Algorithms on the Floor of the New York Stock Exchange" .
- May 22: Nicholas Argyres (Washington University at St. Louis), "Knowledge Inheritance, Vertical Integration, and Entrant Survival in the Early U.S. Auto Industry" .
- March 7: Ricard Gil (Johns Hopkins University), "Make or Buy as Competitive Strategy: Evidence from the Spanish Local TV Industry" .
- March 17: Phanish Puranam (INSEAD), "The Role of Integrators in Organizational Adaptation to Interdependence Shocks: Evidence from Fertility Clinics" .
- March 21: Jordi Blanes-i-Vidal (London School of Economics), "Bias in Open-Peer Review: Evidence from the English Superior Courts" .
- April 25: Gerard Llobet (CEMFI), "The Optimal Scope of the Royalty Base in Patent Licensing" .